Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Bars
Ingredients for optional crust.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups graham crackers crushed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients and press into a 9 x 13 pan.
It is great with no crust. But if you want to add one it is more like a pie with a crumb topping.
CRUNCH BAR INGREDIENTS
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 small circular tub of cinnamon apple, or pumpkin cream cheese (optional for richer batter)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 box butter yellow cake divided into 3 bowls (one bowl gets added to pumpkin mixture)
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg and 1/4 t. of cloves
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- 1 c. butter (use pastery cutter or fork)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (mix in with the butter and cake mix)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine in your mixer the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugars, cream cheese tub, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix in 1/3 box of the cake mix. Pour into a greased 13×9 baking dish. Or if you made the crust pour over the crust.
Mix butter with the 2 remaining thirds of the cake mix with a fork like you would a crumb topping. Add pecans and optional 1/4 cup brown sugar. (dice pecans or leave them as halves.) Sprinkle over the pumpkin mixture evenly. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. and topping is golden and bubbly. Cool for 30 minutes. Serve slightly warm. Top with a dollop of Whipped cream or french vanilla ice cream.
You will get many compliments on this gooey, crunchy dessert. And this dessert feeds a crowd! Delicious stuff I’m telling ya.